September 13, 2008

Ohashi, Podcasting and Charity oh my...

Making a TV show about ohashi (chopsticks) is almost like making a Mika music video...

kind of...in a way...

not all.

But it was still loads of fun. This week I got the not so unique opportunity to be a featured broadcaster on a show called Tokyo Eye in which I not only got to visit an authentic chopstick shop in Omotesando but I spent the afternoon playing Santa's little helper with a wooden toy maker in Kichijoji where I crafted a pair of the wonkiest chopsticks this side of The Tachikawa. The episode will air in one week on NHK World, which is the cable news portion of the broadcasting giant so if you live overseas and subscribe to NHK World or just so happen to be in a hotel in Honk Kong, Dubai or Mumbai check it out!

Meanwhile back on the ranch...
The Tokyo Metpod is getting record hits due to it's rockin new ad in the back of The Metropolis. If you look closely you can see that I'm featured in a thumbnail photo about the size of a bee's dick in the far right column.


I'm also ecstatic to announce that The Tyler Foundation Benefit dinner is now sold out! The Murder Mystery that The Comedy Store gang has been lovingly slaving away it will have the packed house it deserves and we are all pleased as punch.

Save the children through Murder Mystery Musicals!...
(It's a catch phrase in progress)

No comments: