August 2, 2008

Summer Renewal

Gotta new pad.
In a new neighborhood.
With new appliances and a fresh outlook on life, it was only natural that a new blog should follow (or a cosmetically enhanced one anyway)
As with any dramatic change in life I can feel myself becoming increasingly giddy at the prospect of exploring this new world with Calvin and Hobbes-like enthusiasm.
July was a tempestuous month full of transition and uncertainty and I'm happy to say that August feels like wading through a still pond in a deserted mountain alcove and I am slowly rediscovering the joys of my old hobbies like hooping and loafing about. I was finally able to dust off my hoops after a month long hiatus and give those babies a spin in the gorgeous park that the universe granted me after months of hooping in my ultra cramped living room. Last night I performed in the living room of my new neighbor Ryusuke Takahashi* who lives just off the park. Not too far from me.

I stopped by his place after dropping in on our mutual neighbor Kenji Yamashita** only to discover he was out for the evening.

Even though Yamashitasan couldn't join us Takahashisan and I had a very spirited evening as I swayed and moved my hips to the park after hours soundtrack of cicadas and crickets croaking to the beat of the water fountain in the center of the plaza. By the time I was finished with my hoop set poor Takahashisan was...well he was...overcome with excitement and I had to leave him slumped in quieted revelry.


*Names have been changed.
**Actually names have been made up due to the lack of journalistic integrity.

1 comment:

Conor said...

Hot upgrade!
Reminds me of my own blog :P