January 13, 2007

Stop me if you've heard this one... a Whore, a mischievous boy, and an ingenue walk into a...





It's a great time to be an actor right now in Tokyo. 2006 brought in more work than I could shake a stick at (if only all of it were paid) Oh well...babysteps to the top. I have been in constant rehearsals from February '06 to the present and while it all can get a bit overwhelming I'm grateful for the challenge and opportunity to pursue the career of my dreams in a city with as insatiable an apetite for the performing arts as Tokyo. It's nice to count myself amongst the working actors out there. And if you missed any of my shows last year here are a few highlights from The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas and The Ransom of Red Chief. Keep on the look out for more pictures of my latest production Moon Over Buffalo by Ken Ludwig. I play Rosalind Hay, the self-exiled daughter of two unstable and narcissistic but lovable B-movie actors who are trying to audition for the roles of their lives under less than ideal circumstances. The play opens at the American Club Jan 26-28. Tickets are ¥4000 at the door or ¥3000 if you go through me. For more information visit tokyoplayers.org. There's a link to the site convieniently located on this blog.
*black and white photos courtesy of Laurent Ziegler

1 comment:

Quin said...

Hey Leila-- then sign me up for two! Saturday night show. Donkey shane.