April 14, 2008

Braving the Kitchen

I have a cold.
What's the old adage...
Feed a cold. Starve a fever??
With no roommate and no family around to cater to my every stuffy-nosed whim I had to do it. I had to step into the kitchen and prepare a healthy healing meal.
As I perused the aisles of my local super market I felt a kind of empowerment. I was in control, taking responsibility and facing my heartfelt dread of the kitchen.
What to make what to make...

I returned home, arms loaded with fresh organic everything and immediately went to work. Miraculously the house is still standing though my bangs are slightly singed. On the menu for tonight's feast:
Apple and tomato peppered salad with toasted almonds and Thai yellow curry over Jasmine rice.

Aah I feel better already!

3 comments:

TokyoMade(東京メイド) said...

WOW! That really is quite astonishing I am so proud of you!

The salad looks divine and I am sure your curry was exquisite.

What's for dinner tonight?

Unknown said...

I must say I am impressed! That meal looks not only passable but truly delicious!

leila marie said...

Thank you ladies,
thank you.
For tonight's meal I shall prepare a lovely penne in arabiata sauce topped with slivers of sauted garlic dipped in olive oil.