February 23, 2007

Political Wetness

Immortal Technique has always stirred my political loins. His rhymes slice right through the gristle of any false headline like a hot knife through butter, with all the speed and alacrity of a hawk poised for the kill. Oooh, I think I just soiled my panties...damn.
While he ain't the Granddaddy of the genre he is most certainly the Godfather of political Hip Hop. With the recent arrival of these all-star politicians throwing down the gauntlet for the 2008 presidential celebrity boxing match of the century, I found myself longing for a little lovin' Immortal Technique-style.
Enjoy.
And don't forget the lube.

*Featuring Mos Def and Eminem

2 comments:

sushi zume said...

no comment
this is far to highbrow for me
but i thought i should write something

Unknown said...

Whoa, this is really good. I like the video too: simple but totally effective. You might like this song called 30 seconds by Cadence Weapon. He's this 20 year old Canadian rapper and the song is political too, but more about advertising and various major corporations that use GMO ingredients and child labor. I'm not sure if the mp3 for that song is on the site, but I hope it is. He's really nice and also Canadian. http://www.cadenceweaponmusic.com/

I found your blog through Deanne (Tokyomade) and I live in Tokyo, too. Deanne invited me to that thing at the Pink Cow on Saturday so I might see you there. I like your site! Mine is www.julieinjapan.com if you want to visit it.

Julie