October 6, 2008

Mika Mondays (Flea Market Hooping)

Hey there Mika fans. This weekend beat the band. I went caving and kayaking organized a flea market for Dr. Sketchy's, learned how to make konyaku a Japanese gelatinous dish which truly is not worth the effort and celebrated the end of a colossal effort to bring a Murder Mystery to life for the Tyler Foundation...oh and I swallowed a sharp fish bone which still seems to be lodged in my throat but miraculously doesn't seem to be choking me.
The last 72 hours have been anything but boring and I'd be lying if the thought hadn't crossed my mind to skip out on you guys. To say to hell with Mika Mondays. To be perfectly honest getting out of bed this Monday was harder than all the events of this past weekend and the very LAST thing I wanted to do was spend hours editing footage...BUT I just couldn't do it.
I couldn't NOT do Mika Mondays! It was the weirdest thing. I've blown off plenty of other (arguably more significant) obligations in my day with relative ease but I actually felt BAD for even THINKING about not following through with Mika Mondays. So here I am, with literally minutes left until Monday is over here in Japan, Vimeo is still uploading and I'm not so sure I'll make the deadline but the beauty of living in Japan is that it's still the past somewhere else in the world since we see the present first! What a gift!
So for those of you out in GMT -5 this one is for you babe!

Mika Mondays 7 (Flea Market Hoop) from Lady Elle on Vimeo.

Special thanks to my best friend Akiko for the hoop battle, Dr. Sketchy's February model, Diana for helping with the Flea Market and Stuart for the great camera work. I couldn't have done any of it without you guys! If you missed the Dr. Sketchy's Flea Market, pics are here and if you missed September's Dr. Sketchy's pics are here.

Song: Relax, Take it Easy
By:Mika

PS. Yes Diana the hoop has a way of making every butt bootilicious.

PSS. If you happen to live overseas and your cable provider supports NHK WORLD you can check out the TV Show Tokyo Eye that features me caving, kayaking and cooking! Airs Thursday 15:15 JST October 16th. The last month I was featured in the chopsticks segment all details here.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Fight fight fight! Watch out Charlie's angels!

samtd said...

Far out! Never seen anything like that! Ha!

I would love to see you two fight in the dark.

Laser lighthoop-wielding freedom-seekers.