June 16, 2008

Living the Dream

If you build it...

...they will come.

Hooplovers hoop classes are now a dazzlingly reality at Claska in Meguro.
Sign up TODAY!

Dreams are truly just unborn realities I've come to realize. My day usually begins somewhere in the 7:00am hour and ends somewhere in the 1:00am hour and on any given day between those hours I can be found dancing with my sparkly hula hoops, memorizing scripts, rehearsing for the Tokyo Comedy Store, entertaining small children, traveling all over this great nation, returning scores of emails, brainstorming Dr. Sketchy ideas, recruiting Dr. Sketchy's staff and volunteers and generally having the time of my life pursuing EVERY single dream that captures my heart at any given moment.
This high octane, concentrated focus is inspired by a determination to live a life of true Kerouacian proportions. But I've come to understand that living the dream doesn't always promise a life filled with smooth hoopnotic rhythms and wicked costume changes, there have been times along this bumpy ride when the beat has been severely syncopated where nights crash haltingly into the dawn. Days when love feels elusive and the line between personal and professional life have been blurred to the point of being unrecognizable. Even now as I look at my daily planner I see that my last true day off was May 2. And I wouldn't trade one of those red eyed, genki drink fueled, stamina tested nights for all the colored wigs at Tokyu Hands
because this is what it means to follow your aspirations down the rabbit hole.

This is what it means to dance like no one is watching.

This is what it means to sing like no one is listening.

This is what it means to simply BE who you were meant to BE.

Fifteen minutes from this moment the sun will rise again to signal a new day's adventure.
I can't wait!

3 comments:

Sigsy said...

This seriously brought a tear to me liddle eye.
Tough times can consume us then something like this post comes out of nowhere like a wee light beckoning you in.

TokyoMade(東京メイド) said...

I love you

leila marie said...

Thanks Sigsy,
I was nearing the end of my tether blind with exhaustion when I wrote this and then I felt a little nudge from the universe telling me to change my frequency and by the end I was completely energized. Follow the light honey, it won't steer you wrong!