March 16, 2008

Zen Hooping

Have you ever been absolutely sure of something only to find out that you don't know jack?
I read The Secret a couple of months ago and the change in life has been significant.
Better job.
Better life.
More laughs.
Then I met a guy in Kyoto who said I wasn't very in touch with the HERE and NOW.
Of course I politely listen to him while simultaneously thinking he could stick his new age mumbo jumbo where the sun don't...mm hmm
Then I began to Hoop in earnest. Exploring my new hobby with all the enthusiasm of a gaggle of Kindergartens at recess.

As with any new endeavor I always want to be good immediately and this need for instant success leaves me fumbling a lot longer than if I just appreciated the journey for what it is and accept that I'm gonna suck for a while.
Today as I hooped in Shinjuku Gyoen, I dropped the hoop more times than I can count as I tried to perfect moves that the Super Hooper in my daydreams expertly choreographed but my hooping fairy godmother Sushizume showed me how to truly move with the hoop. Be the hoop. Love the hoop.
And it wasn't until I let go of the Alvin Ailey daydream that I was able to sway and swish that baby around my waist and arms like a pro and really get into the groove. It was a day of orgiastic hoop lovin' I tell ya!
Love.
Hoop.
Rhythm.
HERE.
NOW.
aaaaaaaah...I get it!

3 comments:

TokyoMade(東京メイド) said...

You SO get it!
I knew you would.
Just like any new partner it takes a while to get used to them.
Infatuation and lust turns into love and a sense of wholeness you become one with the hoop as soon as you let go of the need to control it.
You are a natural hooper, a natural lover just a pure natural!
I love that you love it, there is so much to love!
I cherished being with you yesterday it was one of the most liberating and glorious days I have had in a long time.
Yay for new seasons and new hoop moves.
I love you
Thank you
xx

Lulu said...

Ah, I am sorry I missed Akiho!! I had heaps of fun, can`t wait to get together again at hanami!!!

Will have to get myself a hoop once I am back in Australia! My abs are complaining today due to the fact I did exercise!!!! It is a good kind of pain though!!!


Thanks for great day!

leila marie said...

My pleasure ladies.
Truly.
All we have is NOW and yesterday's NOW was great!
Thanks for a great time.