May 6, 2007

Tea Town

SHIZUOKA
SHIZUOKA
SHIZUOKA

The idea came to me as if in a dream. I must go to Shizuoka and I must taste the finest green tea in all the world. Shizuoka Prefecture is perhaps best known as the home of Fujisan but there is something that is arguably far more precious housed on the Izu peninsula which is serenely tucked away just southwest of Tokyo. My good friend Tomomi and I went there this past weekend to investigate the restorative powers of Japan's premiere green teas. But first we needed a crash course in tea-ology
The Ocha No Sato Tea Museum is the Smithsonian of all things Ocha (green tea). The day long all inclusive tour was more than we could have expected with lunch included for a knock out price that had these Tokyoites reeling with disbelief at our good fortune. Take the photo tour and marvel at all the things we got to do!

No comments: