April 1, 2007

Here Comes the Sun

Peace out winter.

It is glorious spring in Tokyo and the city is filled with flowering trees and inebriated salary men playing drinking games in exchange for their dignity and clothes under the fluffy popcorn sakura in a time honored tradition called hanami (picnic under the cherry blossoms). This year I plan to crash many a hanami picnic on a solo adventure to Osaka, Kyoto, Nara and Kobe. My four day expedition into the Kansai region of Japan begins tomorrow. I've got a sleeping bag, a dream and absolutely no hotel reservations to speak of. Not for lack of trying, everything is booked and what's an adventure without a little risk...
Should be back with a full report by the end of the week.

Wish me luck friends.

1 comment:

laurent ziegler said...

Leila, how did it go? I cannot wait to hear all your stories!!!! Sooooo many kisses from far away!